Widgets in tkinter module – Python
What is widget?
A widget is an application or element of graphical user interface that is used to display information or to help user to interact with system or an application.
Widgets include icons, pull-down menus, button, labels, entry, radio button etc.
List of few widgets in tkinter module
- Frame : A container widget. The frame can have a border and a background, and is used to group other widgets when creating an application or dialog layout.
- Button : A simple button, used to execute a command or other operation.
- Label : Displays a text or an image.
- Checkbutton : Represents a variable that can have two distinct values. Clicking the button toggles between the values.
- Radiobutton : Represents one value of a variable that can have one of many values. Clicking the button sets the variable to that value, and clears all other radiobuttons associated with the same variable.
- Entry : A text entry field.
- Text : Formatted text display. Allows you to display and edit text with various styles and attributes. Also supports embedded images and windows.
- Message : Display a text. Similar to the label widget, but can automatically wrap text to a given width or aspect ratio.
- Spinbox : A variant of the Entry widget for selecting values from a range or an ordered set.
- Listbox : Displays a list of alternatives. The listbox can be configured to get radiobutton or checklist behavior.
- Menu : A menu pane. Used to implement pulldown and popup menus.
- Menubutton : A menubutton. Used to implement pulldown menus
- Scale : Allows you to set a numerical value by dragging a “slider”.
- Scrollbar : Standard scrollbars for use with canvas, entry, listbox, and text widgets
- pannedwindow : A container widget that organizes child widgets in resizable panes.
- Labelframe : A variant of the Frame widget that can draw both a border and a title.
- Toplevel : A container widget displayed as a separate, top-level window.
- What is tkinter?
- Layout / Geometry Manager in Python
- GUI programming in Python and Python GUI Library
- Events and Bindings in Python along with Widget configuration and styling
- Fonts Names, Font Descriptors, System Fonts, Text formatting, Borders, Relief Styles in Python
- Canvas widget of tkinter module – Python
- Label, Text, Entry & Message Widget in Python
- Button, Checkbutton & Radiobutton Widget in Python
- Best post on Menu and Menubutton Widget of tkinter
- Best post- Listbox and Scrollbar(Slider) Widget-Python
- Best post on Frame Widget of tkinter in Python
- Best post on Spinbox and Scale Widget in Python
- Best post- LabelFrame, Toplevel, PanedWindow widgets
- Best post: message box widget and its methods
- Best post:Dimensions, Anchors, Bitmaps & Cursors in Python
You can also check following posts to know more about tkinter and GUI