What is Tkinter ?
Tkinter is a standard GUI Library for Python.
The name Tkinter comes from Tk interface.
It is a module which is used to create GUI applications.
It is free software.
It provides powerful object-oriented interface to Tk GUI toolkit.
It consists of number of widget classes.
Tkinter module contains low-level interface to Tk
Tk provides various widgets.
List of widgets
|Radiobutton||Scale||Scrollbars or sliders|
Tk provides Layout Managers to change look and feel of GUI.
Layout managers are also called as Geometry Managers.
List of Layout / Geometry Managers
1. pack() : It is used to pack widgets into a cavity before they appear into parent window
2. grid() : It is used to organize widget into table-like structure or grid in parent window.
3. place() : It is used to organize widget into parent window at specific position or absolute locations
Note: These 3 layout managers can never be used together in same parent widnow
""" Author : ITVoyagers (itvoyagers.in) Date :12th March, 2020 Description : Simple Program to generate parent window """ from tkinter import * root=Tk() #here root is object of Tk class """mainloop() is an infinite loop used to run the application, wait for an event to occur and process the event as long as the window is not closed.""" root.mainloop()
You can also check GUI libraries, Advantages & Disadvantages of GUI
- GUI programming in Python and Python GUI Library
- Layout / Geometry Manager in Python
- Events and Bindings in Python along with Widget configuration and styling
- Fonts Names, Font Descriptors, System Fonts, Text formatting, Borders, Relief Styles in Python
- Canvas widget of tkinter module – Python
- Widgets in tkinter module – Python
- Label, Text, Entry & Message Widget in Python
- Button, Checkbutton & Radiobutton Widget in Python
- Best post on Menu and Menubutton Widget of tkinter
- Best post- Listbox and Scrollbar(Slider) Widget-Python
- Best post on Frame Widget of tkinter in Python
- Best post on Spinbox and Scale Widget in Python
- Best post- LabelFrame, Toplevel, PanedWindow widgets
- Best post: message box widget and its methods
- Best post:Dimensions, Anchors, Bitmaps & Cursors in Python